The Christian life was never intended to be an individual lifestyle.
Christianity's roots are based within community. If you want to attend a church, then Sunday morning's are great, but if you want to connect to the Body of Christ then Small Groups is a place to begin. Small Groups focus on two important issues: Accountability & Encouragement.
Accountability is important. Whether, its for work, life, decisions, or spiritual matters, we all need someone or something to keep us accountable. Small Groups will specifically help you stay accountable to what God is doing and wants to do in your life. This is not done in a guilt-driven way, but in a way that builds up and motivates.
Encouragement is just as important. Life can bring us many trials and frustration, which can lead to discouraging seasons in our lives. Small Groups will help you recieve encouragement through the friendships formed with others as well as Jesus Christ. When we place ourselves within a community of like-minded people we find that there are others going through the same issues.
Here are some important factors about Small Groups:
- They meet two times per month.
- Some groups meet at the same house, other groups will meet in different homes.
- We follow the school calendar. Small Groups start in September and end in June with a break over the holidays.
- You must sign up every August and may choose to go back with your original group or to participate in a new group.
- Small Groups use sermon based material called "Engage".
- Everyone in the Small Group has a role based on their gifts and talents.
If you are interested in more information contact Pastor Steve Schlatter at firstname.lastname@example.org.